To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
- Blue Signal Search
- Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Hardware Engineer (VoWiFi, VoLTE, IMS, Smart Cities)
Blue Signal • Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
Posted 3 days ago
Relocation expenses covered.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in small cells, grid-independent street lighting, solar-powered retrofits, net-zero power systems, smart metering, and more. They are hiring a Sr. Hardware Engineer to design RF, WiFi, and other smart city IoT technology.
The Sr. Hardware Engineer will focus on VoWiFi networks, chipsets, and RF equipment for public sector smart city networks. The hardware they work with will be integrated into smart cities, smart street lighting, smart networks, and solar powered technology. This person will have a high level of responsibility for virtualized network technology performance.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to work hands-on with highly competitive VoWiFi, smart city, and IoT/M2M emerging technology.
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city technology.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits.
- Opportunity to manage a team of contractors and vendors.
- High level of control over test procedures, process, equipment selection, and hardware design.
- Company has extensive experience in design, engineering, and smart technology implementation.
- Access to advanced electronics testing lab.
- Design and optimize voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) and smart city hardware as part of high-density networks for municipalities, including grid-independent solar powered devices and smart streetlight flagship product.
- Responsible for hardware design choices, including chipset selection, module customization, modems, and RF antennas.
- Develop rigorous board-level and system-level test plans for engineers in field and lab settings.
- Evaluate performance for large distributed systems.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a hardware technical resource as the team gathers business requirements.
- 6+ years of experience designing electronics hardware for the wireless/telecom industry.
- Strong knowledge of telecom hardware, including microprocessors, CPU, PCBs, and chipsets.
- Understanding of RF technology: antennas, 2.4GHz/5GHz radio, MIMO, and small cells.
- Knowledge of WiFi technology (including VoWiFi) and compliance standards.
- BSEE or equivalent experience in electronics engineering.
- Experience with virtualized networks, VoLTE/VoWiFi, wireless modules, smart metering, smart solar panels, and other emerging technologies.
- Some travel (15%).