To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Jaclyn Neuenfeldt
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant- WORK/LIFE BALANCE!
Creative Financial Staffing • San Francisco, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client has the opportunity of a lifetime for someone who shares a passion for the performing arts! They are searching for a Senior Accountant with previous nonprofit experience to join their expanding team. Our client needs a Senior Accountant who can hit the ground running and has prior experience working with endowment general ledger reconciliations. Their office is in a prime location in San Francisco and they offer a stellar work/life balance to their accounting team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Performs Endowment general ledger reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparing all journal entries.
- Prepare the Endowment's annual IRS Form 990 filing, state and foreign filings for review by Controller.
- Focuses on process improvements, including automation of manual tasks.
- Ensures readiness for its year-end audit.
- Works with the Controller and senior management team to ensure maximum participation in the budget development and implementation process.
- Prepares Endowment Foundation standalone financial statements for the quarterly Endowment Foundation Board meetings.
- Records Association's monthly projection changes. Prepare Trustee report and narrative on projection changes for monthly reports for Association Finance Committee meetings.
- Perform reconciliations of Association cash accounts.
- Prepares and participates in audits and other data requests from grantors, donors and government agencies, when required.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller or CFO.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification (preferred).
- 4 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with Financial Edge software a huge plus!
- Previous experience in nonprofit accounting.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.