To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Application Support and Integration Specialist
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Harmer Consultants is a Chicago-based provider of diversified professional information technology (IT) recruiting services. Backed by devoted, experienced Partners and an exceptional reputation, Harmer prides itself on connecting people who are empowered by growing meaningful professional relationships for contract, contract-to-hire, and project based assignments.
Our highly skilled, professional recruiters have developed extensive networks within the business community making them among the most successful recruiters in the industry. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a history of successful, long-lasting relationships. Clients recognize Harmer for its exceptional recruiting team, quality candidates, and seamless process.
Harmer has 30+ years of proven history providing clients with project-based experts for critical, time-sensitive and technically specific engagements. We are currently looking to assist one of our clients in identifying a dynamic candidate who has a strong background in the below skills. For more information visit www.harmer.com.
If you have the below skill set and are interested in being contacted by one of our team members to discuss this role please apply:
Job Title: Application Support and Integration Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL 60606
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with option to extend or hire
Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM (during support rotation – 3 PM – 11 PM/remotely)
Our client is looking for a consultant to support, maintain, and integrate applications that support the business objectives of the firm. The scope includes applications built internally and third-party applications. This individual must have broad exposure in customer support and troubleshooting technical software issues – someone that loves to solve business and technology problems.
The individual works within time and resource constraints to perform root cause analysis, propose and implement long-term changes, and refactor or re-architect solutions where practical/necessary to improve the code base.
Duties include maintenance and change implementation of existing applications, ETL, and business processes utilizing a broad range of technologies, including .NET web applications, WinForms, SQL Server, SSIS, scheduled processes, and some legacy applications as well (e.g. FoxPro). Experience supporting WCF web services for data and business rules/logic and accessing SQL Server using a .Net ORM (e.g. Entity Framework, etc.) is necessary.
Skills related to customer support, incident diagnosis, and excellent communication are required. This position requires the candidate to work some non-business hours such as weeknights, weekends and some holidays. Our client is a top tier global investment management firm with 24 hours x 6-day trading operations. The ideal candidate will likely work a 3 PM – 11 PM support rotation 1-2 times per month. The support rotation person can work from home when on the rotation.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a financial services industry with strong SQL skills (writing complex queries, stored procedures, etc), understanding of scheduling tools like ActiveBatch, Windows Scripting skills (PowerShell), and the ability to read C# code. This candidate should have a passion for solving complex problems and love data!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with IT customers to understand, document, and fix errors occurring with supported systems.
- Document solutions for issues encountered on supported systems.
- Perform or assist with root cause analysis of incidents.
- Analyze code and processes to optimize and improve functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop and automate manual or inefficient solutions while improving and simplifying the architecture.
- Work with other team members in the understanding and improvement of departmental standards and best practices related to application support and data.
- Manage project work by tracking activity, identifying problems and providing regular updates.
- Work with QA team to develop test plans and assist in quality assurance processes.
- Environment and platform support for UAT and Dev environments
- Detail and quality oriented. Zero defect deliverables are expected.
- Assist with the training of others (e.g. Service Desk) as needed.
- Provide continual feedback to infrastructure and development teams to increase platform quality and identify potential issues
- Must be a team player with very strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with team members and demanding business users.
- Complex problem solving and troubleshooting abilities. A passion for technology.
- 3+ years application support and/or development experience.
- 3+ years SQL Server experience with T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS (ETL) on SQL Server 2008 and above.
- 3+ years supporting and understanding web applications, including IIS.
- 2+ years supporting real-time integration/messaging architectures
- 2+ years Windows scripting via PowerShell and batch files.
- 2+ years .Net framework (4, 4.5), focusing on supporting applications written in C#.
- Experience with scheduling systems, such as ActiveBatch.
- Strong organizational and efficient/effective time management skills.
- 3+ years trading/asset management industry experience.
- 1+ years Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- 1+ years project set-up and source control tools such as SVN or Git.
- Experience with FoxPro and Visual Basic.