To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sales & Sponsorship Manager (GO/SSM/9001)
Metropolitan Family Services • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Sales & Sponsorship Manager to join our team!
The Sales & Sponsorship Manager builds community awareness of Metropolitan Family Services and grooms a new donor base through the Mpower Chicago initiative which focuses on external, broad-based awareness programming. This position works closely with internal and external stakeholders (External Affairs, agency CEO and board members) to secure and facilitate corporate partnerships by conducting detailed donor research, soliciting meetings with/presentations to corporate sponsorship prospects, and preparing targeted presentations and pitches that align sponsor priorities and Metropolitan’s brand and civic impact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds strong portfolio and pipeline of sponsors including corporations and entrepreneurs, focusing on those with five figures or greater potential.
- Secures face-to-face meetings for Metropolitan’s CEO and Board “Ambassadors" to pitch Metropolitan and its partnership/funding opportunities.
- Develops and presents sponsorship proposals/presentations for potential sponsors.
- Provides all needed collateral and support related to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of sponsor targets and sponsors.
- Facilitates all needed follow-up (written, phone, in-person) with target sponsors, Metropolitan staff (Marketing/Fundraising/CEO’s Office) and Board members to schedule meetings/presentations with target sponsors.
- Creates and provides regular reports on the progress of the Mpower Chicago program.
- Works as part of the agency’s Communications and External Affairs teams, ensuring cohesion with agency’s other communications and fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to speak on behalf of Metropolitan Family Services and the Mpower Chicago initiative to external and internal audiences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, non-profit management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in sales with corporate sponsorships and partnerships, fundraising and cause-related marketing, or business development. Contacts among corporate sponsors preferred.
- Skilled at sales and the developing of relationships that result in ongoing long term corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating and managing relationships.
- Ability to relate well to and understand the needs and interests of diverse constituents.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of strategic program planning, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Raisers’ Edge is essential.
- Exemplary values, integrity and a high level of desire to make a difference.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network