To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Application Developer (GO/IMSSD/9010)
Metropolitan Family Services • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Senior Application Developer to join our IMS team!
The Senior Application Developer would work as a part of our Application Development Group to design, develop, and support applications used by our organizational units for management and administrative purposes. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience with web and database development, data analysis, report writing, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains databases using SQL Server, MySQL, and Microsoft Access.
- Maintains, enhances, and develops web/database applications using Dreamweaver, PHP, SQL, MySQL and other Web authoring tools.
- Maintains and develops reports using SQL, SSRS.
- Consults with end-users to write requirements, clarify requests, and explain results.
- Participates in planning and implementing program activities and other projects related to the I.T. Department’s objectives.
- Writes documentation and trains others in the use of applications; serves as a consultant regarding their functionality and use.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology preferred,
- OR Associates Degree AND three (3) years of experience in Database Programming.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with SQL Server, views, and stored procedures,
- Experience with report writing tools like SSRS and/or Crystal Reports.
- Ability to prioritize and work on a variety of projects simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Experience designing and coding high-performance, high-reliability applications.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network