To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
- Blue Signal Search
- Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Manager of Software Engineering (Smart City, Cloud, Virtual Networks)
Blue Signal • Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Relocation packages available.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in small cells, grid-independent street lighting, solar-powered retrofits, net-zero power systems, smart metering, and other IoT smart city technology. They are hiring a Sr. Manager of Software Engineering to oversee software development for large-scale networks to power VoWiFi and smart city solutions.
The Sr. Manager of Software Engineering will lead a cross-functional software engineering team developing multiple solutions for smart city technology. Their direct reports will include cloud application engineers, network engineers, embedded firmware engineers. This person will have a high level of control over project scopes and features. Their projects run critical smart-city technology, including smart city tech, low-power IoT devices, cloud-native applications, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for highly competitive smart city emerging technology.
- Company has a start-up atmosphere with enterprise-level funding.
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city and solar-powered technology.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits in the United States and Jamaica.
- Opportunity to manage contractors and vendors.
- High level of authority over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and smart technology integration.
- Highly experienced engineering team with 80 combined years of experience in software engineering.
- Opportunity to manage as well as get hands-on with the technology.
- High degree of visibility and the opportunity to have a big impact on the emerging technology of the new smart city industry.
- Lead software development team’s efforts from concept to implementation for a wide range of software projects, including cloud applications, embedded software, device drivers, and networks.
- Do hands-on coding of embedded software code in Java/C/C++ to be integrated with cloud and smart city technology.
- Work with sales and engineering team to define project goals, and act as a technical resource. Manage project timelines and milestones.
- Assist in troubleshooting and configuration for major software projects.
- 10+ years of broad industry experience in software/firmware, ideally within the cloud, wireless, or telecom space.
- Degree in computer science or network engineering.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a development team covering a wide technical stack.
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Knowledge of cloud platform tools (AWS, MongoDB).
- Understanding of cloud architecture and cloud-native applications.
- Exposure to VoWiFi, virtualized networks, IoT/M2M, and smart city emerging technologies is a strong plus.