To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 North LaSalle Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Scientific Games • Chicago, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a full time role located in Chicago, IL
As a member of the Development Operation team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for working collaboratively with others across a number of distributed data center environments. The Systems Engineer will ensure proper function and efficiency of all production systems and their respective applications to include deployments, configurations, operations management, security, monitoring and alerting, as well as, directly troubleshooting and resolving incidents as may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the successful and continued operation of systems and services.
- Manage dashboards for and the monitoring of the operating environment.
- Provide administration of infrastructure equipment; VmWare and SAN Hardware.
- Monitor and respond to systems outages as required by 24x7 operation.
- Work as a member of a project team to deliver new business systems.
- Review and patch systems as required.
- Maintain security and control of all operating systems.
- Serve as a member of the “Change Control Board".
- Complete status, systems utilization, and other required reports for management.
- Ensure the successful backup and restoration capabilities for all systems.
- Recommend changes and enhancements.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science/Systems, or equivalent experience and industry certifications.
- Minimum of 5+ years of systems administration experience or systems consulting experience.
- Experience managing Unix and Microsoft environments.
- Ability to obtain state gaming license.
- Highly effective oral and written communications; ability to explain complex designs and relationships.
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years.
The world’s top-performing lotteries and gaming organizations partner with Scientific Games for game content, technology, customized programs and managed services that engage today’s players in new and exciting ways, provide solutions for both traditional and interactive channels – and ultimately, increase revenues.