To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Ogilvie/Union, IL - Lasalle/Clark, IL
- Karen Felix
- Phone: 3123464971
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Portfolio Manager - Retail
M&J Wilkow, Ltd. • Chicago, IL
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
M & J Wilkow, Ltd. has been in the commercial real estate business for more than 75 years. Its property management portfolio currently consists of office and retail properties comprised of approximately 7,654,510 square feet. A core conviction of the Company’s Principals is the belief that each employee is responsible for making an important contribution to the success of the Company, as well as the performance of the properties in its portfolio. This expectation is not limited by the specific parameters of the job description. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her help wherever and whenever reasonably necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. This summary is not intended to be all-inclusive; it is simply meant to be used as a guide and may be revised from time to time at the sole discretion of the Company.
General Position Summary:
Oversees and directs a portfolio of retail property management activities related to the organization’s diverse Retail Portfolio, as well as actively participate in acquisitions of retail properties and the growth and future development of the Company’s third party management business. Supervises and directs activities of on-site and off-site property management staff. The position is responsible for the overall successful operation of the retail property management group, working to ensure that the retail property management group always surpasses industry standards. The Senior Portfolio Manager will report to the VP - Retail and carry out his or her responsibilities in a manner that is in keeping with the Ownership’s vision for the retail property management department.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Participates in the preparation of the initial Strategic Plan.
- Participates in the acquisition process, reviews third party due diligence reports, and participates in tenant interviews. Assists the Asset Manager in connection with the disposition of retail properties.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of the annual property budgets, with input from Institutional Investors, Principals, Property Managers, the Facilities Manager and the Asset Managers, and subject to review by the Company’s CFO.
- Plays a key role in ensuring a smooth transition to the retail property management group post closing.
- Analyzes monthly performance and monthly forecasts. Compares to Strategic Plan and Budget and offers recommendations for adjusting strategies as appropriate. Reviews and stands by the timely and accurate preparation of monthly and other property management reporting.
- Sets performance goals by project, monitors performance, submits strategy goals, adjust recommendations, as appropriate.
- Monitors market conditions regularly, and communicates data to the Asset Manager including any market changes that need to be evaluated.
- Works with retail property management staff to manage commercial leases including assessing and calculating annual CAM’s, monitoring lease compliance.
- Assists with Leasing, particularly with transactions involving existing tenants. Reviews lease document drafts, leasing proposals, commission agreements. Works with facilities manager to prepare accurate budgets for tenant and building improvement construction projects.
- Participates/oversees construction projects when necessary.
- Continually enhances industry knowledge and expertise through real estate and property management publications, reports and seminars.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred with sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques.
- A minimum of 5-8 years equivalent level experience covering onsite experience as a general property manager, as well as in managing a portfolio of retail properties.
Supervisory experience required. CPM and Real Estate Broker license preferred.