To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Vanessa Holcomb
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Stratford Schools • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Spanish Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a plan of instruction appropriate for grades K-6 with an emphasis on reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar and speaking.This person must be professionally prepared to teach Spanish to young children. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Stratford School.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Spanish curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Spanish teachers to plan and implement the Spanish curriculum to students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Spanish culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Spanish curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed; Back-to-School Night, Open House, Stratford School's Annual Family Picnic, Staff Meetings and Trimester Grade Level Meetings.
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
- Builds interpersonal relationships
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
- A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Prior work experience in a classroom setting preferred.
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.