To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
134 North LaSalle Drive
Chicago, IL 60602
- Kathy Salgado
- Phone: 3129857060
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Development Manager - Midwest
NPH USA • Chicago, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NPH USA is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos network of homes for orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children. We provide a loving family, security, education, health care, and leadership development opportunities to children in nine countries.
The Development Manager's primary role is to 1) increase the current level of giving from existing donors and 2) to secure giving from new donors for the use of NPH International. This can be done through a variety of approaches (event fundraising, child sponsorship drives, strategic trips to NPH homes, third party events) and the development manager should be able to use all of them comfortably. The Development Manager will be expected to cultivate a portfolio of donors relying primarily on face-to-face meetings as well as to initiate efforts to attract new donors to support NPH's mission.
Raise unrestricted funds for the benefit of NPH (50%)
- Increase the annual giving of the assigned donor portfolio consistent with assigned goals using a combination of individual gifts, event donations and child sponsorships.
- Identify and cultivate new donors previously unaware of NPH.
- Achieve fundraising targets assigned by developing and executing a donor portfolio strategy using any a combination of individual "asks", events and sponsorship drives.
- Throughout the year, set up face-to-face meetings with portfolio donors to discuss their annual giving.
- Increase local awareness of NPH by actively engaging other organizations (i.e. service organizations, schools, parishes, etc.) through speaking opportunities, volunteer committees, travel, etc.
Event Support and Follow-up (25%)
- Develop annual strategy for the fundraising / awareness events in the region and set targets for $'s raised as well as new faces reached.
- Effectively develop event committees to assist with event planning details. Larger events may require the supervision of a contracted event manager.
- Develop procedures that seek to gather all event attendees' information is collected to assure proper post-event communication.
- Lead the post-event communication process (i.e. thank you notes, calls, emails, etc.) to assure that we have followed up with all event attendees.
- Prepare post event follow-up report comparing actual results against targets.
Sponsorship Operations Support (10%)
Maintain the front-line donor relationship with child sponsors within the region and push administrative activities of sponsor maintenance to sponsorship operations team.
Donor Trip Support and Follow-up (5%)
- Develop annual strategy for donor trips in the region and set targets for each.
- Assure that all administrative policies are being follows (background checks, insurance policies, etc.).
- Prepare post trip follow-up report comparing actual results against targets.
Administrative / Other (10%)
- Assure that all cultivation activity is recorded within Salesforce.
- Manage volunteer committees.
- Flexibility to assist on the team doing a wide variety of activities when required.
Qualifications / Requirements / Other
- 3 – 7 years of previous development experience (non-profit experience required). Low end of the range will enter the organization with less responsibility.
- Self-motivated, ability to develop a cultivation plan and see it through to completion with minimal oversight.
- Comfortable with "making an ask" of a donor.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to use metrics, excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a team-driven, mission-oriented business.
- Ability to travel and lead a group of donors on international donor trips.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Spanish fluency is preferred.
- Compensation commensurate with previous experience and achievement of targets.
- Bonus eligible based on giving targets for both existing and new donors.
The Development Manager reports to the Regional Director, who reports to the VP of Development. This role supports much of the work initiated by the Regional Director. Total staff size of national organization is approximately 30; local team size is 3.