To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IBT Industrial Solutions • Atlanta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO SHOULD APPLY
If you are looking for a partnership with an organization that cares about its’ employees, keep reading. IBT Inc, a manufacturing distributor, is looking for dependable people who care about the results they achieve each day. We are looking for people who will come to work consistently, demonstrate their leadership and creative individuality to help the team accomplish the bottom line results that are needed for success. If you are looking for a place to begin a fantastic career…look no further. We may have just what you are looking for.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for the receiving of product, issuing parts out to maintenance technicians and cycle counting product on the storeroom shelves and SAP warehouse management system. This position is for a parts storeroom attendant within a manufacturing company in Independence, KY. This position has immediate openings in 2nd shift.
- Match packing slips to product in boxes and ensure accuracy in product model number, quantity and quality.
- Receive product in conjunction with team needs
- Unload trucks when needed
- Place product on correct shelf in the storeroom
- Kit parts for specific work orders
- Keep the storeroom clean and free of any clutter
- Report inventory issues to Site Manager
- Issue parts out to cost centers or work orders for manufacturing personnel
- Straighten inventory as needed
- Ensure each item is bar-coded as the need arises
- Conduct regular inventory cycle counts
- Ensure the highest level of inventory accuracy
- Perform assigned tasks as given by the Site Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to receive, issue and count product
- Basic arithmetic functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to consistently lift fifty (50) lbs. safely
- Ability to walk long distances and be on feet for eight (8) hours.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change (THIS IS A MUST)
- A desire to grow as a person professionally and personally
- Attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Work in a fast paced environment while meeting expectations
- A motivated and creative self starter with a demonstrated positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively within the entire spectrum of personnel including internal and external personnel; handle conflict well
- Computer literacy (must be able & willing to learn new computer systems and software)
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of SAP
- One year warehouse experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Communicate, cooperate and coordinate effectively with all internal & external colleagues
- Comply with all company, manufacturing and storeroom policies, initiatives and goals
- Sight, hearing, smell and speech: frequent lateral movement over various terrains; use of both hands and arms; ability to climb ladders, stairs and steps; mentally able to plan and analyze verbal input; solve problems; mental ability to make decisions and take appropriate action under stress; operate warehouse equipment safely and effectively; frequent lifting of product weighing fifty (50) pounds.
- This is an hourly position with advancement opportunities. Initial pay is based on experience and the working shift assigned.
GENERAL GUIDLINESThis position description is only a general guideline for job performance and is not a complete list of activities that may be required. It is not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment and the content may change at management’s discretion.