To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 North LaSalle Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Great Dane Trailers • Chicago, IL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Procurement Associate works directly under the Procurement Analyst and the VP of Procurement’s supervision. The associate’s primary function is to manage the supplier catalog, which dictates and records the prices the company pays for items purchased to build trailers.
- Input corporate pricing into supplier catalog in JDE for all 9 manufacturing facilities. Supplier catalog is broken down by plant and part number and is vendor specific. Daily function is keeping supplier catalog maintained and up to date with current cost for each item.
- Where possible, enter prices in bulk for groups of specific part numbers to reflect price agreements with vendors negotiated by the VP of procurement/corporate procurement team.
- Where necessary, enter prices for parts on an individual basis as buyers purchase parts that were not captured in bulk entry and verify costs.
- Communicate with vendors and buyers to ensure correct cost is entered in catalog and is reflected on invoice.
- Consult vendor pricing contracts, VP of procurement, and Central Pricing division to determine if cost quoted by vendors matches established agreements and/or is covered in the price Great Dane is charging the customer.
- Create cost comparisons and analysis upon request.
- Audit rebates against GD receipts on a quarterly basis to compare the dollars we received from vendor are accurate compared to what we actually received.
- Work with Accounts Payable in conjunction with buyers on invoice issues.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies/disputes with vendors.
- Complete miscellaneous projects to analyze and improve supply chain processes.
- Track monthly excess inventory by part category at each plant using excess inventory report, and sends excess inventory scorecards
- Collect and enter monthly vendor quality survey results for each plant.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Years of Experience: 1-3+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to collect and analyze data and present findings.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to maintain a professional, friendly demeanor.
- Solid ability in identifying and resolving problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
- Travel: Possibly a couple of times per year.