To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
694 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Newton Wellesley Center for Alzheimer's Care • Wellesley, MA
Posted 24 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services, Managed Care
Health Care, Nurse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Registered Nurse - multiple shifts available
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for the overall operation and optimal quality of care for the residents on the assigned unit. Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and Nursing Policies and Procedures.
- Holds daily shift report with nursing assistants assigned to the unit prior to the start of the shift. Reviews written daily assignments for each resident on assigned unit. Assures assignments are completed before the end of the shift.
- Makes rounds on assigned residents at least once every two hours.
- Administers medication and treatments according to the physician's orders. Assumes responsibility for ordering medications.
- Collaborates with Unit Manager to develop and maintain nursing care plans and update these plans on a monthly basis or more often if the resident's condition changes.
- Assists the attending physician with rounds and special procedures as needed.
- Transcribes, documents and implements physician's orders.
- Responsible for making nursing assessments during each shift.
- Contacts the resident's physician and family to notify them of a change in the resident's condition or accident/incident; also notifies the supervisor covering.
- Assumes all responsibilities of the RN Supervisor in his/her absence or as directed by the DNS/ADNS.
- Assumes independent responsibility for yearly written evaluations of nursing assistants and documents accurately their strengths, weaknesses and the steps taken to improve their performance. Such evaluations become part of the nursing assistant’s permanent records and shall be used as the basis to determine the continued employment of nursing assistants, promotional opportunities and the amount of any wage increases granted.
- Assumes independent responsibility for documenting disciplinary concerns for nursing assistants on designated shifts, including reprimands, oral and written warnings, and recommending the suspension or discharge of an employee.
- Assumes independent responsibility for completing required routine documentation and auditing as required.
- Attends mandatory in-services held at the facility.
- Understands responsibilities concerning infection control, safety, accident and fire prevention.
- Assumes any duties that are assigned by the Unit Manager, DNS, ADNS in order to provide optimal achievable quality resident care.
- Discusses any problems, needs or concerns which arise with the Unit Manager, DNS, ADNS.
- Assumes responsibility in supporting the Unit Manager, DNS, ADNS in promoting and maintaining positive employee relations and effective communications among facility staff.
- Understands and upholds the Residents' Bill of Rights and holds all resident information confidential.
- Displays a polite and courteous manner to all residents and visitors.
- Assists the Staff Development Coordinator with orientation and on-the-job training for new nursing personnel as needed.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary resident care conferences as directed.
- Notifies Care Plan Team of changes in condition and weight loss of a resident. Notifies Care Plan Coordinator of any changes in resident's condition and of loss of a resident.
- Maintains a professional demure appearance and mannerisms according to established facility standards.
Registered Nurse - multiple shifts available
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment. On call as necessary.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of employment. Minimum of one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice including the administration of medications.
- CPR certified.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.