To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3250 Mary Street
Miami, FL 33133
- Giovanny Flores
- Phone: +13054488100
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
HR Benefit Specialist
HealthSun Health Plans • Miami, FL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Human Resources Associates (HRA) and HealthSun Health Plans are seeking energetic, talented and qualified professionals to join us in our mission of changing the healthcare experience of our members - making it easier, friendlier and more accessible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a chance to make a real difference in your community, please apply.
HealthSun Health Plans is headquartered in the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Florida supporting the needs of Medicare Advantage recipients throughout South Florida. We are proud to offer outstanding career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, paid holidays, medical & dental insurance plans, Paid Time Off, disability benefits, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
The Benefit Specialist is responsible for overseeing and administering various employee benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, EAP, group life, AD&D, STD, LTD, employee discounts and 401(k) programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the annual Open Enrollment process to ensure successful execution including participating in developing communications, coordinating center outreach, assisting employees, and working directly with benefit vendors.
- Assists with activities associated with new employee orientation, open enrollment, including educational meetings.
- Develops and prepares communications to employees about benefit programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements for payment. Works with employees, vendors and Finance to reconcile discrepancies.
- Oversees the leave and return to work programs including military, FMLA, STD and LTD in the ADP System.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Administers Cobra services as needed.
- Builds relationships with employees at all levels of the organization while supporting their Human Resources needs.
- Maintains open channels of communication with other company departments. Answers all inquiries in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Partners with VP HR to ensure benefits programs are aligned with the job market.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Assists customers, family members and others with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of customer medical records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in benefit administration required
- Strong knowledge of the Hispanic culture and market
- Unblemished employment history of maintaining strict confidentiality and the highest level of integrity and trust
- Strong history of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with leaders
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% of time throughout Dade and Broward County
- Ability to understand the metrics and drivers to business performance
- Excellent computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong decision-making, analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
HealthSun Health Plans and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.M/F/D/V.
HealthSun and its affiliates are also a drug-free workplace.
*Internal candidates must submit the Internal Application Form approved by his/her supervisor before interviewing with HR. Qualified candidates will be considered by the Hiring Manager.