To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Brendan Mulligan
- Phone: (800) 617-6172
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Jr Systems Administrator
The Computer Merchant Ltd • Boston, MA
Posted 7 days ago
Experience - At least 3 year(s)
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Computer Merchant is seeking a Jr Systems Administrator in Boston, MA.
- Respond and resolve tickets and incidents in accordance with Client IT policies and procedures as they relate to customer support and updates
- Maintain inventories of all Client IT assets using the Client's inventory collection process to secure Commonwealth assets.
- Manage the upgrade of hardware & software when necessary to insure that all services are provided in a secure and timely fashion. This includes but is not limited to new Anti-Virus, Operating System patches, or other mandated software upgrades as directed by Client standards and practices.
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact.
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support.
- Provide / Utilize any and all resources available through the Client and other sources for assistance with problem resolution.
- Implementation of client IT enterprise images for Desktops/Laptops according to client procedures and policy to insure a consistent environment.
- Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to insure continuity of services to the network environment.
- Install and move assets as required according to Client's policies and procedures
- Assist / lead with meetings special projects and other requests as required to maximize the efficient use of IT resources.
- Complete all activities within client security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations and performs related duties as required.
- Required to travel to various sites as needed or requested.
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Manage site specific projects as related to network infrastructure & server support
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues and infrastructure as required.
- Configure and maintain backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media in accordance with client policies and procedures
- Support, trouble shoot and configure remote access to assist network users with connectivity to client's network from non-magnet connections.
- Participate in the development of the documentation of servers, infrastructure and practices by providing written and/or verbal communications to effectively maintain a resource of standard practices.
- Provide consultative IT services to IT management and site teams as needed
- Mentor other IT professionals to insure their professional growth and skill set improvement
- Utilize Network Administrative Tools to manage the network and ensure efficiency of system resources
- Build and restore severs as required
- Maintain Disaster recovery package for server rooms as required
- Review server event logs on a daily basis to ensure optimal performance and identify potential issues
- Perform all duties as required and directed.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.
- Accomplishment and proficiency in performing all general and detailed responsibilities and duties
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as needed to accomplish the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to monitor desktops / Servers and associated network performance
- Working knowledge of how IT Operations group supports the agency's business needs
- Working knowledge of Helpdesk systems
- Knowledge of the reporting structure and workings of state government
- Skill growth and knowledge attainment in emerging technologies
Job ID: 17-00965
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.