To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
- Brian Carmenatty
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. PACS Administrator
Femwell Group Health • Miami, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The RIS/PACS Lead role is to perform all related activities for supporting the Radiology Information System (RIS) and Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS). This includes preparing images for digital archiving and assuring the quality control of medical diagnostic images and files. The RIS/PACS Lead is also responsible for diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all local system RIS/PACS associated hardware and software, while ensuring its optimal performance.
Working under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for all PACs and related systems support including operating systems, network interface software and system administration software. This position requires interaction with sales, technical support, field service, the end user, and outside vendors. Must develop relationships and communication channels to ensure status feedback and cooperation amongst these groups. Ensures that all services are performed professionally from start to finish guaranteeing complete customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties:
- Takes a self-directed role in the support and resolution of technical issues.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend revised business processes that support the realization of the benefits for the systems as identified in the business case.
- Assess complex problems, collects data, establish facts, and documents detailed and accurate information about issues, troubleshooting steps and resolution.
- Responsible for providing technology planning and implementation assistance.
- Owns the customer support experience and resolves customer satisfaction issues by designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- Train personnel on the effective use of the technologies in the area of responsibility.
- Acts as liaison between radiology and other departments related to medical imaging initiatives and procedures and assisting with existing or new medical imaging endeavors.
- Management of RIS/ PACS implementation process including order review, project planning, resource scheduling and coordination, site specific system configuration design, equipment scheduling & deployment.
- Manage day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, routing, pre-fetching, correcting broken studies, editing patient demographics, HIS/RIS interface.
- Document and communicate specific issues identified by clinical users with respect to Service issues, updates, progress and resolution.
- Escalate and be an advocate for customer support, issues and problems.
- Initiate switchover to system and/or component backup procedures as necessary and report any system or component failures to the Sr. Director of IT.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly routine maintenance procedures as required.
- Perform backup/ disaster recovery procedures,
- Monitor clinical workflow procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct system/ component training.
- Serve as PACS liaison to diagnostic team.
- Responsible for 24 hour on-call problems occurring with PACS and digital imaging package.
- Quality: Understands that projects worked on may have a direct impact on patient safety. Understands the types of defects that may be encountered as part of job responsibilities.
- Security: Understands that all patient information that may be encountered is to be treated as confidential and not to be disclosed under any circumstances.
- Pursues a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education.
- Identifies and communicates possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Varying travel required as directed by management (approximately 10%).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required.
- 5+ years of Radiology PACS experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and guide Customer through operational improvement process.
- Knowledge of Radiology workflow.
- Knowledge of Radiology Department and Hospital players, roles and responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware such as: workstations, servers & storage devices.
- Strong knowledge of workstation & server OS platforms.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and communication protocols.
- Must have the ability to understand, relate, and build confidence in customer.
- Experience in DICOM and/or HL-7 standards, general computer network technology, high performance computing systems and archival storage systems.
Proficiencies with the following Software preferred:
R2CAD and CAD systems
Windows Server 2008 /2012