To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
221 North LaSalle Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
- Gina Tuczak
- Phone: 3127443891
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Policemen's Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago • Chicago, IL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Public Pension Fund is seeking a Comptroller that will be responsible for the following:
● Administration of all financial management and accounting functions
● Prepare annual financial statements, comprehensive annual financial report, and the annual budget.
● Execute the annual financial statement audit with external auditors.
● Oversee internal controls of financial reporting and operational business cycles.
● Provide general leadership and management support to the Executive Director on financial transactions, accounting trends and member services.
● Interaction with various City of Chicago departments and functions on financial matters.
● Address needs of Board of Trustees regarding accounting questions and related financial matters
● Oversee compilation of reporting package sent to Board of Trustees for monthly meetings.
● Provide assistance to the Executive Director on human resource issues for personnel matters, staff concerns, and office policy inquiries. .
● Oversee office staff as directed by the Executive Director.
● Understand the Fund’s pension administration system, and manage accounting requirements associated with system outputs.
● Assist with special projects required by the Board of Trustees, Executive Director or Chief Investment Officer.
Candidates must possess the following requirements:
● At least ten years of managerial experience in a financial accounting role.
● At least five years of experience with financial reporting and accounting for defined benefit plans, including experience reading pension plan documents and understanding tax ramifications of pension payments.
● Experience managing a diverse workforce of at least 10+ employees
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with diverse populations
● Excellent quantitative aptitude and tenacity with details.
● Demonstrated leadership, project management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to motivate and develop office staff through change management procedures and long-term projects.
● Must be able to handle workplace situations with professionalism, tact, compassion and diplomacy.
● Understanding of privacy requirements and ability to uphold the highest standard of confidentiality.
● Outstanding time management skills, organization, and ability to work through competing priorities with poise and confidence.
● High proficiency with Microsoft products including excel, word, powerpoint, and outlook.
● BACHELOR'S DEGREE AND CPA REQUIRED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Note: This position requires a full-time presence at the Fund's office in downtown Chicago. Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Flex-time, telecommuting, and/or other alternative work locations or schedules are not available. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.