To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ankeny, IA
- Misty Angrick
- Phone: 515-280-3860
- Phone:: 515-883-2683
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
UCS Healthcare • Ankeny, IA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have a full-time position available for a Registered Nurse (RN) for our medication assisted treatment (MAT) program that will be opening this summer in Ankeny, IA.
UCS Healthcare (UCS) is a CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in Des Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny. UCS offers a variety of health care services including outpatient substance use disorder counseling in individual and group settings, mental health therapy and psychiatric services, medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate addiction and primary health care in an integrated setting.
What makes this opportunity great
UCS is an integrated medical and behavioral health treatment center and one of the only medication assisted treatment providers in central Iowa. We have a commitment to the Recovery Oriented Systems of Care. Our promise to our patients is an individualized, integrated plan that engages the resources of the entire community to address their issues. We are expanding our ability to serve multi-occurring needs and place an emphasis on professionalism and patient-centered care.
We serve a variety of diverse social, economic, and cultural populations and have been extremely successful in securing grants to assist that process. Our employees enjoy great training opportunities, opportunities to work in a multidisciplinary setting, and a competitive salary with benefits package.
UCS Healthcare is currently seeking a full-time qualified RN candidate in our Ankeny location. This position reports to the Supervising Nurse. In this role, the candidate must be able to adhere to the goals and objectives of the program in relation to the patients and the patients' medical care. Essential duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Perform nursing assessments and H&P’s on all new admissions or readmissions when necessary.
- Follow federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies including CFR 42.
- Reviewing patient’s prescriptions and OTC medications to ensure they are properly prescribed and to assess whether client is aware of adverse reactions.
- Present lectures on health issues on an on-going basis to in-house staff.
- Perform, interpret, record, and report on-site TB tests and other testing as ordered by physician.
- Perform venipuncture and injections as ordered by physician.
- Carry out all physician orders including telephone orders.
- Assist the physician with clinic, rooming patients and ensuring compliance.
- Record and report all observed symptoms and changes in the patient’s condition to the interdisciplinary team members and medical director if necessary.
- Communicate patient status through legible and precise documentation.
- Make appropriate health referrals whenever necessary.
- Count client medications and initiate call backs to monitor for diversion or abuse/misuse.
- Answer all phone calls relating to nursing/medical questions and make appropriate referrals.
- Ensure all prescriptions are called in to correct pharmacy in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate request to Medical Director when medication dosage change is indicated and carry out those orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain urine specimens according to agency policy and federal regulation and make appropriate report of results.
- Review eight point criteria for take home medications
- Perform daily nursing assessments on patients involved in the detoxification program.
- Assist clients with guest dosing.
- Provide first aid to patients and staff as needed and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the staff in understanding a patient’s medical problems.
- Attend staffing, QA and other designated meetings.
- Assist in monitoring patient activities while on center property.
- Make initial phone call to insurance company to obtain client’s benefits, receive authorization, and perform follow-up as required.
- Maintain licensure as required and attend seminars, workshops, lectures, etc. to maintain professional growth.
- Perform supervisory duties as requested by the Director.
- Assist in on-site medical family practice clinic as needed.
- Keep the Medical Director informed of changes that occur in clinical and medical matters.
Minimum Education and Experience: Licensed in the state of Iowa as a registered nurse (RN)
Special Requirements: Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and own judgment.
Work Schedule: Full-time position - Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and some Saturdays from 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Office Location: Ankeny, IA
Interested applicants may apply on Careerbuilder or email a resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
You may also mail a resume to:
ATTN: Misty Angrick
4908 Franklin Ave
Des Moines, IA 50310
Or send a resume by fax: Attn: Misty Angrick 515-883-2683