To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
- Andrew Garrison
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Lab Technician
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primary duties include:
· Performs timely and accurate aseptic sampling and identification of materials and processes throughout the brewing, fermenting, conditioning and packaging functions.
· Routine cleaning (via hand washing or automated machines) of critical GMP equipment.
· Processes samples using aseptic techniques onto filters, plate and liquid media, incubates samples per specification for consistent growth and analyses of microorganisms.
· The large number of samples processed (>250,000 annually) requires critical attention to methods and conditions.
· Inputs all sampling location and times into the Micro-Quality databases in a timely and accurate manner.
· Managing equipment inventory, sterilizing equipment/components, filter integrity testing and setting up/operating equipment.
· Participates as required in safety & regulatory training within area of work, expected to follow & uphold quality standards while following procedures.
· Maintain general organization & cleanliness of assigned work area through stocking, cleaning, organizing, disposal, and maintenance.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Knowledge of microbiological evaluation, techniques and methodologies typically acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or other life sciences.
· 1-3 years of hands-on experience in a microbiology or biochemical laboratory.
· Practical knowledge and usage of laboratory equipment including, microscopes, Millipore filtration, autoclaves, incubators (aerobic and anaerobic), pH meters, and media preparation and dispensing equipment.
· GMP Knowledge/experience.
· Microbiology: Sound conceptual knowledge of aseptic sampling, processing, and microorganism development.
· Ability to keep accurate and complete laboratory records and logs.
· Able to work towards deadlines and adhere to strict deadlines (including overtime, weekends, off-shift coverage).
· Effective oral and written communication skills.Able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry short distances.