To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1855 North Fair Oaks Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91103
- Angelique McKnight-Gonzalez
- Phone: 626-808-4200
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Community Health Alliance Pasadena • Pasadena, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse will be responsible for patient triaging, the nurse phone line, assist with nurse case management, nursing assessments, collaboration with providers and other departments, and provision of quality patient care in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- Monitors and responds to triage calls in person and/or on the nurse phone line.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and then directs them to emergency rooms (ERs), urgent care centers, and home care advice or to schedule patients to their physician during office hours.
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patient’s condition and history.
- Uses computerized clinical decision making including algorithms that closely imitate physician logic and thought patterns, as guide.
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ER immediately or arranges for ambulance.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not need to go directly to the ER.
- Ensures accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients’ record via Epic Ambulatory Electronic Health Record system.
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a physician. Consults with physician as needed.
- Acts, when designated, in “Ask a Nurse' capacity, handling routine information requests from patients, e.g., “Do I need a flu shot every year? When are you giving these shots?'
- Serve as a clinical resource and professional role model for other nursing staff.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in medical chart reviews and compiling data for audits and reports.
- Assist Managing Nurse with developing nursing policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem lists, and medication lists.
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies and healthful behaviors.
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with staff, consultants, patients, significant others, and community.
- Reduce conflict and increase patient satisfaction whenever possible through timely response to calls.
- Participates in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
- Administers medications and performs medical and nursing procedures as ordered within the scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one to three years experience in direct patient care, preferably in an ambulatory care setting
- Minimum of one to three years increasingly responsible nursing management, experience preferably in out-patient setting.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience in Multi-Group Health Center setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Current California RN license