To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
- Blue Signal Search
- Phone: email@example.com
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Product Development – Smart Cities, Small Cell, Carrier-Grade WiFi
Blue Signal • Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Relocation expenses covered.
Our client delivers advanced VoWiFi, small cell, and virtualized network technology that powers the world’s smartest cities, including smart LED street lighting, small cell integrations, and grid-independent solar inverter solutions. Their products unite carrier-grade WiFi connectivity, IoT/M2M technology, and energy-neutral technology solutions. They are hiring a Director of Product Development to oversee their growing product engineering team for smart connectivity solutions.
The Director of Product Development will lead the product management team in developing smart city solutions for the public sector. This person will manage the strategy for product development and implementation for RF equipment, small cells, VoWiFi networks, and IoT-integrated emerging technology.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to lead a thriving team of hand-picked engineers to work on highly competitive IoT/M2M technology.
- Opportunity to develop expertise in key emerging technology, including smart street lighting, advanced small cell solutions, solar power-integrated IoT/M2M devices, IIoT (industrial IoT), HetNet (heterogeneous networks), and more.
- Scenic office location in Boulder, CO.
- Leadership has deep experience in the solar power, WiFi and VoWiFi, and connected device industries.
- Highly experienced engineering team with 10 years of experience delivering advanced smart city technology products.
- Company has large cash flow and recently landed several large contracts in the US and Jamaica.
- High level of control over strategic direction of product development and engineering.
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to product engineering team for small cells, RF technology, and VoWiFi systems.
- Manage projects end-to-end: functional specifications, proposal, product roadmap, implementation, testing, and close-out.
- Gather competitive intelligence and product feedback to incorporate into product improvements.
- Meet with high-level municipal customers to define project scope, budget, and end goals.
- Build relationships with partners and major vendors.
- 10+ years in the wireless/telecom industry, with an emphasis on small cell and carrier-grade WiFi projects.
- 5+ years in a senior role managing a product development team.
- Strong technical understanding of the WiFi ecosystem, especially as it relates to large-scale carrier networks, VoWiFi calling, and IoT/M2M device integration.
- MSEE, MBA, or related engineering degree.
- Understanding of RF technology beyond small cells: RF antennas, repeaters, DAS, 2.4GHz/5GHz radio, and MIMO.
- Knowledge of standards for carrier-grade WiFi, RF, and DAS/small cell.
- Direct experience with IoT and/or IIoT, M2M, smart cities, smart street lighting, small cell/IoT integration, solar power, and other emerging technologies is a strong plus.