To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 North LaSalle Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Purchasing Administrator
Great Dane Trailers • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Purchasing Administrator will work closely with members of the IT team and the Accounting department to process and analyze financial information relating to the IT department. This person will be responsible for getting quotes from suppliers, creating purchase orders, and preparing invoices for approval. The job will also involve creating and updating spreadsheets to track project and budgetary spend. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and high attention to detail is required. A high school diploma and 2 years of job related experience is required. This position will report directly to the Director Infrastructure and Operations, but will take input and work closely with IT managers and directors as well.
- Process all purchase orders for IT.
- Get quotes from suppliers for IT products as directed by IT personnel.
- Review, categorize, and analyze all IT invoices.
- Ensure all IT invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Work with vendors to resolve discrepancies with invoices.
- Prepare reports showing IT spend by category, by location.
- Prepare reports tracking spend to budget.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as
- challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with JD Edwards is a plus.
Customer service oriented
- A favorable background screening, Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
- Great Dane Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
- Travel: Travel as needed.