To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3250 Mary Street
Miami, FL 33133
- Giovanny Flores
- Phone: 305-448-8100
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
HealthSun Health Plans • Miami, FL
Posted 23 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - At least 1 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Accounting - Finance
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HealthSun Health Plans www.healthsun.com is seeking energetic,talented and qualified professionals to join us in our mission of changing the healthcare experience of our members - making it easier, friendlier and more accessible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a chance to make a real difference in your community, please apply.
HealthSun Health Plans is headquartered in the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Florida supporting the needs of Medicare Advantage recipients throughout South Florida. We are proud to offer outstanding career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, paid holidays, medical & dental insurance plans, Paid Time Off, disability benefits, and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Responsible for a variety of general accounting and financial functions that assist the finance department in creating timely and accurate financial statements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares various journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Enters invoices into QuickBooks and issues payments weekly.
- Issues 1099s for the company.
- Serves as backup for accounts payable function.
- Reissues provider checks as needed.
- Researches issues surrounding provide payments including; incorrect provider addresses, correspondence, duplicate EOP requests, updated W9s, etc.
- Performs research and analysis of account activity as directed.
- Assists with monthly and quarterly reporting by creating and/or maintaining pertinent schedules and aide in the review process.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive customer outcomes.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of customer medical records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business from an accredited college or university is required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting is required.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong decision-making, analytical skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
HealthSun Health Plans and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.M/F/D/V.
HealthSun and its affiliates are also a drug-free workplace.
*Internal candidates must submit the Internal Application Form approved by his/her supervisor before interviewing with HR. Qualified candidates will be considered by the Hiring Manager.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.