To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Almeria Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
GARCIA, ESPINOSA, MIYARES & CO, LLP (GEMCO) • Coral Gables, FL
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GARCIA, ESPINOSA, MIYARES & CO, LLP (GEMCO)
GEMCO is a premier Certified Public Accounting Firm providing accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting services to a vast variety of businesses in Dade, Broward and Monroe counties.
The firm’s friendly work environment cannot be taken lightly, our employees are treated with the utmost respect and everyone is given an opportunity to grow with the firm according to their own ambitions. GEMCO has been chosen Top 100 firms to work for from a survey that is conducted by Accounting Today and Best Companies Group for more than five consecutive years. This is an honor GEMCO is very proud of.
In order to meet the growing needs of our clients and our continued growth, GEMCO is looking for high quality TAX SENIORS. The ideal candidates will be individuals highly focused in their careers with ambition to grow and make a difference in the firm they join for years to come. Individuals with a partner track mind are encouraged, but not a requirement. Please read below for a more precise detail of the positions responsibilities and requirements:
TAX SENIOR – RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Handling year end closings
- Experience in the preparation and review of individual, corporate, and partnership returns
- Tax planning and assistance in tax estimates and payments
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews, perform in charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibilities in review process.
- Research and consult on tax matters; utilize tax related software to prepare and process tax returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities
- Bachelors degree in accounting required, masters degree in Tax a plus
- Must have CPA license or working to attain it.
- 5+ years of progressive tax return preparation. Previous experience must be from public accounting firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required; Multi-tasker
- Proficient with Pro systems fx tax a plus, quick books, RIA checkpoint.