To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
- Emily Sullivan
- Phone: No Calls Please
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Client Services Manager
VelocityEHS • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
VelocityEHS differentiates itself in the marketplace by adding excellent client services delivery on top of best-in-class products. The Client Services Manager plays a significant role in ensuring client services expectations are met and then some. The Client Services Manager leads a team of project managers/coordinators, collaborates with backend operations, 3rd-Party vendors, and other departments to ensure services projects are delivered timely, according to VelocityEHS quality standards, and in a manner that delivers unrivaled client satisfaction.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hire, train, manage, schedule, motivate, evaluate, assign and develop Project Management and Project Coordinator staff across multiple business units; field escalated issues from staff. Provide mentorship to staff as the opportunities arise.
- Coordinate the scheduling of new and recurring services projects; ensure recurring project work is in line with contract amounts and resolve discrepancies; ensure timely delivery of project work via coordination with Project Management/Project Coordinator staff and Operations Dept.
- Collect and report various project metrics - including project times, MSDS request success rates, project statuses, and project sizes.
- Act as operational contact for multiple 3rd party vendors; Approval of and creation of scopes and quotes for use by Sales towards opportunities involving 3rd Party vendors, as well as internal large client or non-standard services.
- Facilitate or delegate facilitation of coordinating vendor logistics; Preform monthly vendor invoice reconciliation; field escalation of issues raised through vendors; communication of significant issues to applicable staff.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Coordinators, vendors and backend operations to identify best practices and establish/maintain SOPS that work as scalable solutions to processes and/ or procedural changes.
- Occasional Project Management responsibilities in times of high volume and/or in scenarios with large accounts or more complex scenarios
- Provide outstanding customer service and communication to all clients always exceeding expectations. Build professional relationships with clients engaging MSDSonline in recurring projects.
- Become a subject matter expert on all MSDSonline and Velocity EHS Ergonomics products and services, and gain a thorough knowledge of the landscapes in general, in order to provide customer, sales proposal, and product development support.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development and Sales to prepare the client services team before the sale of new products, services or functionality, within the compliance services book of business.
- Work to scope and implement new customer service offerings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of SOX compliances, procedure creations, and deployments.
- Ability to create forecast models and apply these models to weekly and monthly revenue reports of both current and possible work, yearly 3rd party vendor budgeting, as well as overall vendor volumes and loads.
- Oversee and manage off-sight personal and contractors.
- Ability to on a monthly basis reconcile accounting reports with actual work done in line with adopted SOX practices.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices specifically milestone accounting.
- On a weekly and monthly basis ability to audit individual work against revenue expectations.
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIPPA and PHI (Private Health Information) guidelines and laws.
- Ability to incorporate and create new policies and procedures as new businesses units are acquired by VelocityEHS.
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related professional experience in a project management environment
- 3+ years in a team leadership role, with staff management/supervision
- Proven leadership and team building skills, with the ability to coach, influence and mentor others
- Proficiency in most commonly used internet browsers
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Reporting and Analytical skills
- Effective team player, quick learner, and self-motivated
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Effective Time Management, Detail oriented and very analytical
- Takes ownership of issues, follows through to completion, while delivering outstanding customer service
- Passionate about customers and this type of work
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management Certificates, Certification and/or experience with Project Management
- Familiarity with CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- Customer Success driven
- familiarity with Access and SQL