To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Candace Murphy
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Addison Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A client of ours in Rosemont, IL is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their growing team.
The purpose of this position is to apply best practices and standards to ensure mission critical IT systems and operations are maintained at a high degree of quality, extensibility to benefit clients and to deliver economies of scale across our client base. He/She will liaise with the Sr. Manager of IT Operations, stakeholders, developers, helpdesk, and analysts to ensure Business goals are understood and execute to provision and maintain a solid IT infrastructure. He/She will provide administration, configuration, design, training and expertise, translate business requirements into technical requirements and lay the groundwork for a strong infrastructure that will perform well to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the administration of the infrastructure services supported by the technology team including hardware, servers, storage, cloud subscriptions, software licenses, networking and business continuity plan. Manage cloud and on premise infrastructure, building, delivering, and managing IaaS environments using IaaS platforms, including AWS, Azure, Rackspace, or Softlayer. (35%)
- Recommend continuous improvement to the infrastructure: optimizing the network, computer upgrades, security improvement, etc. Capture, monitor and analyze systems usage data, and recommend hardware to provide maximum resource utilization in a cost-efficient manner. (15%)
- Create and maintain technical documents that illustrate standard operating procedures, and infrastructure design. (5%)
- Participate in business requirements gathering for technology projects and provide subject matter expertise that will support short & long term goals for the project. (5%)
- Provide on-call support, troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management and root cause identification. Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming requests for support. Provide support for investigation and resolution of service requests, incidents and problems impacting systems and users. Work and document within current helpdesk ticketing system. (15%)
- Troubleshoot, escalate, and/or resolve tickets within defined SLAs. Identify solutions for hardware, software, and network issues. (10%)
- Plan, coordinate and execute maintenance windows and DRP testing. Responsible for ensuring BC/DR plans are created and/or updated and improved to meet Company’s needs. Subsequently validate those plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises with various areas of the business. (10%)
- Coach junior team members, including providing on-the-job training. Promote teamwork in problem resolution. Foster an environment of open discussion, debate, and questioning while always maintaining professionalism and respect for others. (5%)
Please contract Candace Murphy at 312.253.2190 or Candace. [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ IT experience and 5 years in a Systems Administrator role.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Rackspace, and Softlayer.
- Solid troubleshooting skills, project execution, installation, migration, configuration and troubleshooting including but not limited to: Hyper-V and VMware virtualization technologies, Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange 2010/2013, PowerShell, DNS, DHCP, file sharing, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Solid Understanding of network topology and troubleshooting services (DHCP/ DNS/ TCP/ IP).
- Deep understanding of IP Networking (TCP/IP, IPSec, OpenVPN, DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS, BGP, SMTP).
- Security experience with IPS, Web Filtering, Spam Protection, and Antivirus.
- Switch installation, configuration and troubleshooting with VLAN and QoS configuration.
- Firewall support and configuration (Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto).
- Knowledge of HP SAN, blade server technologies, and Barracuda backup and recovery technologies.
- Experience administrating Microsoft Office 365, Skype for business and Microsoft Volume Licensing.
- Operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux and Mac OS 10.
- Assist IT Operations Manager in developing and managing projects that improve Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with IT project management capabilities.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively manage work load.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems; Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies. Good understanding of technology trends & technical vision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Ability to interact & dialogue with stakeholders, project manager & team members to arrive at an optimal IT solution to business problems.
CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, MCITP, ITILv3, ACSA, MASA, VCP6-DCV