To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- Martine Lunis
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
QA Automation Engineer, QA Engineer, Quality Assurance, Advanced Selenium Web Driver
Confidential • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A prominent non-profit company in Midtown Manhattan is seeking a QA Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is tasked with leading the implementation and conversion of manual QA processes to a new automated solution using Selenium/Watir Web Driver. The position offers the opportunity to build a new automation framework and processes around its deployment. The success of this role is dependent upon the candidate’s ability to deliver test automation services for multiple web applications adhering to ITS standards. The candidate must be capable of designing, developing and maintaining automation test plans, test scripts and execute them to ensure systems meet expected business requirements. Testing levels will include application integration, system, continuous integration and acceptance testing; may also include non-functional testing such as performance, volume, load and fallback. The automation engineer will support the rest of the QA team by augmenting manual regression test efforts.
PRINCIPALS ONLY; Please no consultants, recruiters or C2C employers
QA Discipline Skills
• Extensive knowledge of version control practices, defect management and best practices for automated testing in Agile environment.
• Strong background in functional and regression testing for enterprise applications following waterfall and/or agile methodologies.
• Experience in writing test scripts for validating web applications in multiple browsers and on different OS platforms.
• Advanced proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements.
• Experience using bug tracking systems for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects.
• Ability to apply a methodical process to test complex systems and communicate concepts to audiences with mixed levels of technical and business abilities.
• Advanced experience in automated testing using Selenium Web Driver and Grid; hands-on experience using Java for test automation.
• In-depth knowledge of Page Object Model & design framework using POM.
• Understanding of HTTP requests/responses, HTML and XML. How web browsers function (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) as well as AJAX and dynamic web applications.
• Hands-on experience with Apache ANT. Ability to configure and run tests via ANT.
• Knowledge of software development practices such as test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration development.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson etc.)
• Experience in setting up automation framework on Mac.
• Experience in performing Load, Stress, Penetration tests.
• Advanced level SQL skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate openly and effectively.
• Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures
• A self-starter who can deliver well as part of a team
• Ability to efficiently manage time and learn new technologies
• Mobile automation experience using Appium or any other open source tools
- Selenium WebDriver – advanced experience
- Java – including creating automated test scripts
- Ant – hands on experience
- Restful/API testing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ QA experience performing validation testing in multi-tiered web-based environments
- A minimum of 3 years software development/test automation experience with open source tools such as Selenium, Watir, Cucumber
- A minimum 3 years’ experience with relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, or MySQL).
- Familiarity with jQuery and Backbone + Marionette a plus