To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
- Blue Signal Search
- Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (VoWiFi, Smart City, Virtual Networks)
Blue Signal • Greater Denver, CO Area, CO
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Relocation expenses covered.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in small cells, grid-independent street lighting, solar-powered retrofits, net-zero power systems, smart metering, and other IoT smart city technology. They are hiring a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to build software solutions for large-scale networks to power VoWiFi and smart city solutions.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will focus on virtualize-integrated cloud software for public sector networks. This person will have a high level of control over project scopes and features. Their work will be used by major municipalities to run critical smart-city technology, including smart street lighting, smart metering, grid-independent IoT devices, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for highly competitive VoWiFi and smart city emerging technology.
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city and solar-powered technology.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits in the United States and Jamaica.
- Opportunity to manage contractors and vendors.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and smart technology integration.
- Design and build scalable Python applications and embedded software code in C to be integrated with smart streetlights, small cells, solar panel inverters, and other smart city technology.
- Optimize performance for large distributed systems and improve reliability for ZigBee mesh network communication.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource as the team gathers business requirements.
- Oversee development from concept to implementation. Conduct system testing, debugging, and performance tuning of applications.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing embedded software, ideally within the wireless/telecom space for digital signal processing devices and equipment.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Linux Kernel development experience.
- Understanding of multitier architecture (n-tier architecture), network drivers, OpenWRT, and ZigBee/PLC protocols.
- Knowledge of database tools, such as NoSQL, MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
- Experience with VoWiFi, virtualized networks, IoT/M2M devices, and smart city emerging technologies is a strong plus.