To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Ana Giordana
- Phone: 410.832.5035
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Delivery Driver - Overnight
Publishers Circulation Fulfillment • Boston, MA
Posted 8 days ago
This is an entry level non-exempt position that requires driving on occasion. Under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager (DCM) or the Assistant Distribution Manager (ADM), performs the manual labor aspects of distribution center operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Participates in all the daily operations at a Distribution Center.
- Assists in opening Distribution Center, including logging into PCF applications, and printing and distributing route books.
- Unloads newspapers from delivery trucks, verifying arrival time, receipt and distribution of proper amounts newspapers (bundles) and other products with accuracy.
- Assists drivers in off-loading tractor trailers, storing materials, and reloading trucks within established deadlines.
- May deliver open routes (while maintaining established service levels) and/or show routes to new Delivery Service Providers.
- May deliver replacement copies at the customer’s request.
- Assists in maintaining a daily record of: contracted routes serviced, dispatch times for trucks, system problems and answers to customer complaints.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of work area, which may include restroom facilities, interior and exterior of building, as well as retrieval of storage carts.
- All other warehouse and housekeeping work as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Action Oriented, Listening, Functional/Technical Skills, Customer Focus, Perseverance, Integrity and Trust, Patience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Technical and Functional
- Competence in the use and maintenance of material handling equipment, and the ability to be certified in the use of this equipment.
- Ability to use the internet and learn PCF applications (e-time, RouteSmart, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to communicate information professionally and effectively, so that it is understood to customers, peers, and Delivery Service Providers.
- Ability to learn layout of geographical area serviced from Distribution Center.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed the established customer service objectives.
- Must have and maintain access to a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license in state of residence, driving record in adherence with PCF guidelines, and automobile insurance at limits required by PCF.
Required Physical Abilities
- Ability to routinely lift heavy items.
- Ability to unload bundles of newspapers (30 – 50 lbs. each) multiple times on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform open routes, perform visuals in the field and associated other work in the territory.
- Ability to move around the facility, both inside and outside.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attendance standards.
- Ability to work weekends and early morning hours.
- Ability to work in warehouse type environment.
- Ability to function at night in adverse conditions.
- Ability to work within safety guidelines.
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- No previous experience required.
- Third shift work experience is a plus.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Material handling equipment certification a plus.