To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94104
- Christie Brady
- Phone: 631-680-9480
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Manager
Russell Tobin & Associates • San Francisco, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Help Desk Manager's role is to oversee the entire Help Desk staff, both internal and external, and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions. The Help Desk Manager will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
• Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
Acquisition & Development
• Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Help Desk software for internal staff.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
• Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Work with the Training Manager on the development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
• Work with the Training Manager on the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate's degree with 2 years of experience, or 4 years of experience in a related field is required for this position. The candidate will have demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team and solid relationship management and performance management skills, as well as the ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates. Experience working in a team-oriented , collaborative environment and the ability to work well with other departments, along with IT, in a fast-paced team environment, working on a number of projects simultaneously, is also required.
This position requires the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and a strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives. The candidate will have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, the ability to absorb and retain information quickly, and a keen attention to detail. They will also have a proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to research into a wide range of computing issues, strong documentation skills, and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff end users. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning, are required due to the customer service orientation of this role. The ability to speak, read and write English at a high school graduate equivalency is also required, in order to communicate clearly and effectively.
The ability to handle highly confidential information in a discreet and professional manner is required.
This position requires the ability to work more than 37.5 hours per week, as needed, to perform the essential duties of the position. It may also require irregular hours.