To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77058
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Civil Designer (Industrial)
Agency 8 • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
* Prepare engineering drawings using AutoCAD civil design software and related civil design products.
* Assist in the civil design and preparation of site design and land development plans that include plat prep, grading, horizontal layout, roads, traffic control, drainage, utility, landscape, lighting structural, erosion and sedimentation, construction phasing plans, and other disciplines as needed.
* Support Engineering staff in a technical design capacity.
* Assist the Senior Civil Designer/CAD Coordinator in maintaining QA/QC procedures for project design documentation and CAD work.
* Generate existing ground models and existing topography from survey data.
* Archive construction drawings and specifications at prescribed intervals to prevent loss of computer data.
* Review and manipulate electronic files received from consultants and departmental contacts.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* AutoCAD® and related software.
* Microsoft Office software.
* Computer Aided Design (CAD).
* Civil engineering design including coordinate geometry, horizontal and vertical alignment design, cross-sections, utility relocation, and earthwork and other quantity computations.
* Communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing, using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Manage production of multiple drawings and multiple projects at the same time.
* Read and interpret complex engineering plans and specifications.
* Use good judgment to identify alternatives to assist in the resolution of design problems.
* Manage time and workload efficiently which includes planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, projects, assignments, and reports to meet deadlines.
* Work well with others under rushed deadline situations and be willing to work overtime.
* Be self-motivated and work independently.