To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Murray Resources • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Exciting opportunity for a General Manager of an upscale bar in central Houston! This position will plan and direct all operations.
Salary: $54,000 + bonus
Location: Houston, TX (Central)
- Maintain high standards of food/beverage, service, health and safety, ensure the efficient and profitable business performance of the establishment and the optimal utilization of staff and resources
- Assess staffing requirements and recruit staff when needed
- Train and coach staff
- Prepare and implement standard operating procedures
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Maintain employee records
- Ensure alcohol regulations are adhered to
- Ensure quality of food and beverage presentation
- Analyze food and beverage costs and assign menu prices
- Total restaurant receipts and reconcile with sales
- Ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately
- Monitor budgets and analyze budget variances and take corrective actions
- Plan and monitor restaurant sales and revenue
- Organize and supervise marketing and promotional activities
- Identify and estimate food and beverage supply requirements and place orders with set suppliers
- Negotiate purchase prices and develop preferred suppliers
- Identify and evaluate competitors
- Keep current with trends in the restaurant industry
- 5+ years of management experience in an upscale bar and/or restaurant required
- Local to Houston, TX and knowledgeable of the night life industry
- Experience in professional staff management and development
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience in analyzing financial data, planning and forecasting
- Track record of managing inventory and cost control