To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64131
- Stivers Staffing
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Stivers Staffing Services • Kansas City, MO
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kansas City MO company needs an admin assistant with 5-10 years of Commercial construction experience.
Assist the Project Manager or other senior individuals in all phases of construction project management, including pre-construction, construction and post-construction activities. Assist the Construction Operations Manager/Project Manager/Site Superintendent in the overall planning, scheduling and administration of a particular project.
Required Education / Technical Background:
High school diploma required (Associate's degree a plus) and 5-10 years experience in a professional office setting; commercial construction industry a MUST.
- Uses time effectively based on key priorities; accepts direction from more than one person at a time and oversees multiple projects.
- Communicates well and create effective customer-focused relationships with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation software
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Technical Document Distribution
- Preparation and Distribution of documents related to bid solicitation
Shop Drawing and Submittal Process:
- Create and maintain Submittal Log and coordinate the orderly and expeditious approval by A/E of all necessary submittals (shop drawings, samples, catalog cuts, etc.)
- Transmit and distribute all documents.
- Track and alert Project Manager to potential delinquencies.
Project Budgets and Scheduling
- Distribute budget cost code listing to superintendent.
- Prepare and distribute subcontractor and supplier agreements.
- Track and follow up on all outstanding contracts and supporting documents. Alert Project Manager to significant delinquencies.
- Review certificates of insurance to ensure they are current and that the limits are compliant.
Change Order Processes
- Maintain Proposal, Change Order, RFI and ASI Logs
- Receive and distribute all documents as required under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Track and alert Project Manager to delinquencies. Prepare and distribute all subcontractor change orders and forward to Cost Estimating for review and approval.
- Complete and distribute all in house change order summaries.
- Enter owner and subcontractor/supplier change orders into Timberline
Project Meetings and Correspondence
- Prepare and distribute all project correspondence.
- Track and alert Project Manager to follow up on correspondence requirements.
- Log, copy as necessary and insure secure storage in the project electronic files and physical files.
Project Close Out Process:
- Prepare listing of close out documents for Project Manager review.
- Collect, bind, review, and distribute close out documents according to specifications.
- Review and Follow Procedures as Outlined in the Company Procedures Manual.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assists in preparing and coordinating proposals, manuals, presentations, etc. (Power Point skills required)
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information on behalf of managers/executives.
- Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Perform additional tasks or functions in response to directions and priorities set by supervising manager
- Maintain project emergency contact list for project office.
Hours are 8-4:30, 30 minute lunch. Salary is 32-40k, DOE.
Send qualified resumes to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Refer to job #50031.
All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Must have 5-10 years admin assistant experience in the commercial construction industry.
Related terms: executive administrative assistant, executive secretary, secretarial, senior administrative assistant, sr admin asst, exec admin asst, office administrator, administrative support, office support, computer skills, pc skills, Word, Excel, word processor, word processing, spreadsheet.