To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- Taylor Mazzarella
- Phone: 212-235-5346
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PRIDE Health • New York, NY
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A large NY Social Services organization has a need for a temp to perm handyman. The person must have a valid driver’s license and must be skilled at electrical, carpentry and plumbing. Positions available in the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
Overview: Performs a variety of general building services including but not limited to the repair, operation, general upkeep, maintenance, safety and security duties according to Facilities and Program procedures and protocols.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and operations of buildings and grounds of the institution, insuring that the facility is clean, properly functional, in good repair, safe and secure.
- Responsible for basic building repairs such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical and HVAC and to other building related systems.
- May be assigned to open/close program unit/buildings and operate basic building systems such as security locksets, alarms, lighting, HVAC, fire safety, utilities etc.
- Be familiar with all company and regulatory requirements pertaining to facility program operations, facilities maintenance and general safety requirements (OSHA, DEP, NYFD etc.).
- Uses, cleans, lubricates, repairs, maintains, organizes and stores all required tools and equipment with personal safety gear and follows safety protocols as directed.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance, mowing, raking, weeding, planting, pruning, ice/snow removal, sidewalk maintenance etc.
- Collects, manages trash removal and recycling as per building requirements and NYC DOS regulations.
- Moves office furniture, equipment and supplies in and around building and grounds.
- Work from OSHA approved ladders and work platforms as required to complete basic repairs and maintenance
- Attends and successfully completes safety, security and other training required by the agency.
- Drive themselves and coworkers when necessary using company vehicles in the course of doing their jobs as directed by management.
- Observes, documents and reports to supervisors, any problems with the building, unit or property including all facility related as well as safety/operational issues, and work performed by external vendors.
- Complete and return work orders; keeps documents and maintains records, ensures follow up and competition of required tasks.
- May be assigned to alternate agency units/ buildings as required.
- Must perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- The work environment requires ability to work under adverse weather conditions
- To perform the essential functions of this job, the candidate is routinely required to work on their feet throughout the course of the work day
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds during the course of their job
- GED /High School Diploma is highly preferred
- Must be able to speak, read write and understand English at a high school level.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and well-rounded hands on mechanical skills
- Valid driver’s license maintained throughout the course of employment
- Five (5) years’ experience in building Construction/maintenance/repair, an Educational/Trade certificate in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years’ experience.
- Required to work well with people and have strong customer service skills