To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
19000 Northeast 25th Avenue
Miami, FL 33180
- Jordana Suban
- Phone: 305-931-2831
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Scheck Hillel Community School • Miami, FL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Guards school property and school related events against fire, theft, vandalism, violence, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prevention of attacks-violent actions that threat a human life will be identified and according to the security procedures neutralize by the security team.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Patrols buildings and grounds of school property.
- Monitors CCTV, motion detection, Access control, intercom and gate control.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Responsible to act according to the school emergency security procedures
- Inspection of vehicles
- Generates campus identification badges and vehicle decals for campus authorized individuals.
- Inspection of mail, shipments and deliveries
- Responsible to update data on all security systems
- Reports all irregularities to the Security Manager, Operations Director and Head of School.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Qualifications: (see minimum qualifications document)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. easonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. revious Military or Police Experience. Ability to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment physical, psychological, and drug test.
- Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English,
- Basic Math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General Word Processing(Word), Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Florida Security Officer “D” License
- Current Florida Statewide Firearm “G” License
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Other Qualifications: Hebrew or Spanish language ability preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service/Tact
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and/or run. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will be required to work both inside an office/school environment and outside in the sun and/or shade. Must be able to withstand Florida weather within reason.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.