To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30334
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Strategic Account Manager, Relay Pharmacy
McKesson • Atlanta, GA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Connected Care & Analytics enables our customer organizations to improve patient outcomes through better care coordination, collaboration and management while making sustainable performance improvements that drive financial health. Our expertise in connected care, population health, risk management, healthcare analytics and demand forecasting can help you deliver care in the right setting and develop and maintain a thriving business, even in our rapidly evolving industry. RelayHealth®, an independent business unit within the McKesson Connected Care & Analytics family, is a key component of this strategy and expertise; enabling the trusted exchange of clinical, financial and administrative information between patients, providers, payers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and government agencies. The net result helps provide: improved care, faster access, lower costs and enhanced bottom lines.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career
McKesson's Relay Pharmacy division has an opening for a Strategic Account Manager. This position must be based in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office and requires 25-50% travel.
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for understanding the client's business goals for success and managing all aspects of the business relationship with the customer to insure that McKesson's solutions meet or exceed those goals. Ensures that all appropriate resources are available and utilized effectively/efficiently to maximize customers program (s) and corporate profitability. Develops and maintains positive client relations and coordinates with various functions within RelayHealth, as well as across other McKesson business units to ensure client requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time, budget and expectations) while balancing client needs with company profitability.
This position has authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a client, from a financial, service and product standpoint. Position monitors/audits program and financial information and is responsible for analyzing the program effectiveness while making recommendations to optimize program (s).
Utilizes their knowledge of the client/business and healthcare industry to maximize performance relative to client relationship, client satisfaction, desired survey results and client/company financial performance indicators.
Role requires travel of 25-50% with occasional weekend work required.
A Strategic Account Manager must be able to manage the flow of information to and from, and expectations of:
- Customers (Pharma & Pharmacy)
- Implementation teams
- Product Management
- RelayHealth Client Executive
- Finance & Accounting
- Corporate A/R
Excellent communication and multitasking skills are required. A Strategic Account Manager must also be able to effectively manage customers and all activity through the duration of the customer life cycle, understanding program can and will evolve frequently within that time period. He/She must be able to work effectively with individuals in both business and technical roles. He/She should have ability to manage information (market, client, company) from various sources and foresee and potentially validate future business opportunities or impact to existing business.
The scope of solutions that a Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for managing includes:
- Issue/Escalation management
- Relationship management; including coordination across varying constituents and businesses
- Change Management Coordination
- Business reviews and program read-outs
- Status reporting
- Analysis (both financial and programmatic)
- Resolving complex account receivable issues
- Contract management, including but not limited to tracking and managing non-standard contract terms and obligations
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
A Strategic Account Manager is expected to:
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations, metrics and cross-functional data is required
- Build and maintain relationships at multiple levels across both McKesson and the customer to achieve and drive success metrics
- Maintain comprehensive program inventory of RelayHealth, McKesson and integrated/partner solutions in-use for each client
- Maintain comprehensive roadmap of client program changes planned for upcoming 18-24 months.
- Schedule appropriate McKesson and Customer resources as needed
- Exercises judgment when coordinating between multiple groups to ensure consistent delivery of support to the customer (Quality of Service)
- With customer, ensure end user satisfaction
- Monitor and report metrics by developing and ensuring execution of communication plans
- Maintain pertinent program documentation
8+ years healthcare account management experience
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare IT
- Significant experience in project management, requirements definition and/ or deployment of business requirements
Account management experience including face-to-face interaction with C-suite executives
Project management experience with successful completion of projects, deadlines and resources.
Strong Excel and analytical skills.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Pharmaceutical Manufacturer experience is highly preferred
Demonstrated business acumen
Ability to identify opportunities or risks to existing business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentations. Microsoft Office skills required.
- Demonstrated ability in relationship development and problem solving. Proven ability to manage large numbers of tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with others to coordinate activities and achieve goals.
- Incumbent must be self-directed, highly motivated and results oriented.
- Highly organized
4-year degree required; MBA preferred
General Office Demands
25-50% travel is required
Benefits & Company Statement We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.