To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, Ohio, WA
- Phone: 253/733-3106
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
UPS Field Service Technician-Columbus, OH
Volt • Columbus, Ohio, WA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN-Columbus, OH (Mid to High Level)
The client is looking for a Mid to High Level UPS Field Technician for Columbus, Ohio who possesses intensive, diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations.
- Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on power electronics at customers' sites within their respective regional coverage area.
- Performs commissioning-focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing.
- When not involved in scheduled preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, the successful candidate will occasionally train at the company's main office testing equipment or rebuilding older systems.
- Must be able to discuss with technical support, problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Candidate will participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs). Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
* 3-5+ years' experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU's, STS, etc.
*Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work.
*Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner.
*Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer's specifications.
*Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives.
*Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures.
*Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients.
* Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications.
*Previous 3rd Party UPS experience a plus.
*UPS OEM factory training or experience in Liebert / Emerson, Mitsubishi, Toshiba or Eaton / Powerware, a MUST.
*Must possess a 07 or 01 Electrical Specialty license or an Electrical trainee card.
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous military experience and training a plus.
- Over 2 years Eaton experience.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer