To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melville, NY
- Phone: 916/923-0454
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
French Canadian Speaking Customer Support Representative
Volt • Melville, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Client, who is the national leader in vision and eye care benefits, is looking for a bilingual French Canadian Customer Service Representative at their Melville, Long Island campus.
Respond to complex e-mail and web chat inquiries, in both French and English, in a manner that supports the achievement of Client satisfaction, growth and operational excellence goals.
- Primarily respond to routine and complex e-mail and web chat inquiries from members and clients; responding to inquiries will require in-depth knowledge in the following areas: utilizing the plan, issuing authorizations, processing verification of eligibility, identifying and resolving payment errors and accurate completion of necessary documentation and forms processing
- Effectively educate and influence members and prospective members on the value and benefit that VSP offers through its products, services and extensive network of doctors
- Remain current on all changes to customer service policy, procedure and product information to accurately, consistently and efficiently respond to inquiries
- Identify and analyze trends and communicate to appropriate business partners, suggest necessary corrections, changes or solutions; appropriately elevate situations that could have companywide impacts
- Maintain and organize correspondence to ensure consistent, accurate and professional responses; recommend updates to CS on line knowledge management tools
- Respond to a minimum amount of incoming ACD calls daily and as business needs require
- Able to effectively navigate through all systems, including Egain and WebChat, Proclaim, CAD, CSR portal and Client Support Line requests
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- MUST Read, Write, and Speak French or French Canadian: Fully Fluent
- One to two years of customer service experience handling complex issues in a high volume environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French or French Canadian
- Must be able to articulate information effectively via telephone, email and webchat as well as, clearly document customer situations and prepare letters to confirm agreements made verbally or in writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook. Assessment Required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative to effectively carry out responsibilities
- Ability to meet minimum production requirements
- Ability to work at a computer 96% of the time
- Effective written communication skills to clearly document customer situations, as well as prepare letters to confirm agreements made verbally
- M-F 8-5.
- Experience in an optical practice or business is plus
- Completion of an optical school program a plus.
- ABO certification a plus.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust etc.
- The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer