To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Consultant of Product Strategy - Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 14 days ago
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors & your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long - term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
Consultant of Product Strategy is responsible for the development of strategies and competitive intelligence. This role actively assesses market conditions to determine opportunities to develop innovative products and develops product strategies aimed at capitalizing on market opportunities. Success in this role will require candidates to have a strong bias toward fact - based decision making and strategic thinking. Individuals in this role will work with internal or external business constituents to determine product future direction and will need to lead through influence.
- Product Strategy Capabilities:
- Will lead the development of market - based insights and strategies for the design and development of new products
- Execute financial analyses needed for a variety of purposes including prospective financial modeling, retrospective financial tear - downs, variance analysis etc.
- Understands what types of analysis are most relevant and how to obtain the needed data. Is able to make reasonable assumptions and document those assumptions clearly for executive and other audiences. Understands capital structure and can accurately build value models for use in M&A activity
- Execute strategic analyses needed to articulate a strategic perspective. Accurately assesses the need for analysis and identifies the appropriate type of analysis needed (e.g., scale curves, conjoint analysis, income statement analysis, balance sheet analysis)
- Will lead the efforts of cross - functional teams and will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Synthesize insight from analyses and communicates the implications of the findings to drive strategy development
- Understand competitive landscape in detail including established competitor companies, competing products and emerging competitors in behavioral and adjacent markets
- Conducts / use competitive research using public and private sources
- Communicate insights regarding competition (e.g., positioning, relative strength, strengths, and weaknesses) to stakeholders in a succinct convincing manner
- Synthesize competitive information and competitor and product positions to form insightful observations that the business can use to create a competitive advantage
- Project Management Capabilities:
- Will be required to manage 1 - 2 product innovation projects at a time with only minimal project / program support using a defined, stage gate based project management process
- Manage and control project timelines and resources identifying project duration, effort and key risks and dependencies. Ensures detailed project plans are in place for all efforts and that project budgets are established and appropriately managed. Ensures project schedules are comprehensive and realistic and that all tasks are appropriately tracked
- General Capabilities:
- Contributes meaningfully to the overall business and shows personal leadership skills needed to contribute in a matrixed corporate environment
- Works independently accomplishing tasks and driving work with little to no supervision or direction. Focuses effort on tasks that will drive the most value for the company
- Works well with ambiguity and takes concrete steps to add value even when the objective is not well articulated. Establishes hypotheses and works to validate and communicate those hypotheses with peers and supervisors to quickly redirect effort to add the most value
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a function or skill
- Performs routine or structured work
- Responds to routine or standard requests
- Uses existing procedures and facts to solve routine problems or conduct routine analyses
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance or direction
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or related field preferred) or equivalent experience
- 1+ years finance, investment banking, consulting experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, financial functions, solver)
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint (able to create compelling slides)
- Knowledge (or ability to learn quickly) of managed care market, commercial health insurance, Medicare / Medicaid and regulatory landscape
- Demonstrated analytical acumen
- Proven track record of operating and navigating in a highly complex, matrix environment, experience in seeking buy - in from multiple stakeholders
- Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Self - motivation, ability to work with little direct supervision and drive results with disciplined follow - though
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to showcase UHG’s culture and values
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Consultant of Product Strategy, Product, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota