To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Follett Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Team Lead, General Merchandise
Follett • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) or Store Manager to receive, price, stock and display books and/or merchandise to meet the needs of the store's customers, drive sales and profits. May assist sales associates with completing the work of the department. Leads the work activities of sales associates, FT/PT and Temporary including:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads the activities of the sales associates in the department according to established guidelines.
- Assist customers and suggests selection of merchandise.
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards.
- Leads and may assist sales associates with processing online orders including but not limited to:
- Enters sales
- Pulls books and merchandise and prepares same for customer pick-up or shipment
- Communicates order status to customers
- Performs periodic website maintenance
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken accordingly.
- Conducts store walkthroughs on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service level.
- Ensures stockroom areas are maintained according to store standards. Responds to student, faculty, staff, alumni and other customer routine questions, deferring more complex/escalated issues to Department Manager.
- Receives and prices merchandise in accordance with company policy, procedures and standards. Handles defective/damaged merchandise in compliance with established procedures.
- Executes promotions and sales as directed by store or department manager and partners with management to ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends.
- May assist other store sales associates with completing the work of the department, as well as off-site sales opportunities.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy; ability to operate store computer.