To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
- Vaco - Phoenix
- Phone: 602-633-1300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager -ASC 606 implementation
Vaco Resources • Denver, CO
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting your technical accounting and project management expertise to our top clients who are in the beginning phase of preparing for adopting ASC 606! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific opportunity.
We are assisting a large media client in implementing new revenue recognition standards. We need a lead project manager to help interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. You must be able to develop and manage processes, lead the guidance of technical accounting pronouncements, and be able to advise on the proper implementation specific to the media industry.
- Serve as Project Manager for the successful implementation of ASC 606
- Ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards including ASU 2014-09 and related ASU 2016-19, ASU 2016-08 (Principal/Agent), ASU 2016-10 (Licensing)
- Lead activities related to contract review and analysis, validation of controls,
- Review deal/contract summaries for material completed transactions
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors
- Assist with month end and quarter end close activities
- Identify and implement process improvements
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- CPA strongly preferred
- 2-4 years minimum Public Accounting experience with a Big 4
- 5 years prior technical accounting experience with a media or telecommunications company
- Must have an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve, both from an accounting and system perspective