To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
JOB DEVELOPER - Employment Counselor
The Geo Group, Inc. • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you passionate about helping others to meet their educational goals on the road to turning their life around and want to feel good about what you do on a daily basis; then we need you! We are looking for dedicated Employment Counselors to join our growing team. As a Employment Counselor you will function as a job developer, utilizing your effective communication and networking skills, conducting individual educational assessments and creating treatment plans for each referred participant. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will work as part of a team, striving to achieve your personal best by helping others, this may be the right opportunity for you.
As an Employment Counselor, you will be responsible for utilizing computer labs and standard educational classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational advancement.
Additional responsibilities of the Employment Counselor include:
- Assessing parolee participants to determine employment, training and CTE needs
- Providing employment services including resume writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment and how to follow instructions
- Assisting participants in locating and securing employment or CTE training
- Documenting participants’ progress in Company database
- Establishing and overseeing computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education
- Providing participants with referrals services for undergraduate and graduate studies
- Facilitating psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis; documenting clients progress in Company database
- Managing small caseload of Reentry participants; conducting risk/need assessments and creating individual treatment plans for each assigned participant; providing case management services as required
As an Employment Counselor you should have basic knowledge of the expungement process, the benefits of completing the process and the ability to provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record or obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
Additional requirements include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience as a social services coordinator, job developer or similar role
- Basic knowledge of how to mentor a client in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and parole status to an employer
- Effective communication skills with good networking skills
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As an Employment Counselor with The GEO Group, Inc., you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term Life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer