To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Retail Buyer (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Retail Assistant Buyer is responsible for assisting the Retail Buyer/Retail Associate Buyer in the buying of retail merchandise for a specific product category and/or Property.
- Work with Retail Buyer and /or Associate Buyer to order merchandise for their area(s) of responsibility.
- Travel to local and/or out of state properties to assist with buying decisions.
- Manage the reorder process to insure the consistent flow of product.
- Evaluate on-hand inventory and determine appropriate par levels for the set-up of skus (styles) on auto replenishment.
- Responsible for purchase order maintenance, including but not limited to, order confirmation, ticketing requests, and order modifications.
- Assist with managing open-to-buy (OTB) by monitoring stock levels through stock balancing of product across stores and properties.
- Responsible for tracking all deliveries to insure the consistent flow of goods.
- Negotiate with vendors on pricing as it relates to late delivery, over-shipments, style substitutions and invoice matching.
- Responsible for approving and processing all price changes.
- Responsible for planning all product presentations.
- Manage the maintenance of the digital data base of all artwork.
- Coordinate with Retail Accounting and vendors on all returns (RTV’s) and credits.
- Assist Retail Buyer and/ or Retail Associate Buyer on vendor set up and compliance, along with vendor updates.
- Communicate with Retail Distribution Center and property warehouses on any inbound or outbound retail shipments and /or any vendor compliance issues.
- Perform other job related duties as requested .
- At least 2 years of experience in Retail Buying, preferably within the hospitality, casino, and resort industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Retail Store Operations experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.