To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lean Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
General Plastics & Composites LP • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades, Manufacturing
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Design, install and start-up single piece flow assembly lines for the small tool assembly department.
- Recommend and implement material flow and storage improvements to support lean operations in the assembly department.
- Facilitate lean initiatives including 5S, set-up reductions, workplace organization with a concentration on standard work processes & work flow improvements.
- Proactively involve employees at all levels of the organization to gain their input and support.
- Develop operations KPI’s to monitor quality, productivity and delivery
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment, by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
- Plans and directs the activities of all human and physical resources of the assigned assembly department to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity goals.
- Oversees work order management, material flow, and material handling to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Utilizes product and process knowledge to provide training to direct reports with a focus on developing a professional and flexible workforce. Ensures appropriate cross training of across all products and processes.
- Achieves the expected level of quality service by ensuring adherence to company quality standards and proposing improvements to quality procedures based on observations of production process.
- Participates in Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, internal rejects, validation, and verification activities) as required.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts and works with supporting function to implement change.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job ID: VALUE01099
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.