To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- City of Atlanta
- Phone: (404) 330-6100
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Parks Worker Sr
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Posting expires: 09/27/17
Salary range: $28,500 - $35,600
Performs general maintenance activities to maintain the appearance and beauty of City parks and recreation grounds.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performs general maintenance tasks for buildings.
- Performs general maintenance to parks and recreation grounds, including the removal of fallen tree limbs and debris; mowing the grass; sweeping the sidewalks, streets and curb sides; etc.
- Weeds, prunes and maintains flower beds, and shrubs.
- Applies fertilizer and other chemicals necessary for growth. (If licensed).
- Paints and repairs playground equipment, and installs and repairs park furniture to include benches, picnic tables, and bleachers.
- Collects refuse and trash from Parks and Recreation routes.
- Operates a dump truck, tractor and weed eater.
- Follows all safety precautions necessary in operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains Department City vehicles by monitoring fluid levels, checking for body damage, and cleaning and washing vehicles twice weekly.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year ground maintenance experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job will be considered on an exception basis.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Class B Commercial driver's license at the time of appointment. Licenses must remain valid during tenure in this position.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.