To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Superior, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Openings - Duluth, MN (Job Fair)
UnitedHealth Group • Superior, WI
Posted 7 days ago
Monday, September 18th from 10:30am-11:30am
Duluth Workforce Development Center
402 W 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Thursday October 5th, 2017 from 10am to 2pm
UMD Kirby Ballroom
802 W College Street
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow and you can help. Regardless of your Customer Service experience level - you might be looking for an entry-level role or a senior role - if you have the basic skills, the interest and the motivation, we may have a position suited for you. With over 60 call centers throughout the nation supporting our various business groups, we know how to provide the training, support and structure that are critical to making you successful.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- Business Casual Dress code
- Onsite health clinic and credit union opening soon
- Corporate Facility Features (i.e. mother’s room, ATM, café services, onsite IT support)
- More Information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, financial spending accounts, prescription benefits, authorizations for treatment and explanation of benefits)
- Some roles may require contacting current members to welcome them to our health plans and ensure the member has the information and documentation they need for a positive experience and relationship as a UnitedHealth Group member
- Some roles may include reviewing and researching incoming healthcare claims from members and providers and ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while completing all required updates and documentation in multiple computer systems
- Research issues by navigating across multiple databases and working with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, provider satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- Prefer 1 year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED - or - 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi-task duties as well as the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work assigned shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to work over-time and/or weekends, as the business needs
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, Optum, OptumRx