To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor - UnitedHealth Group, Optum Operations - Brentwood, TN
UnitedHealth Group • Brentwood, TN
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Reporting Supervisor will manage and optimize the tactical execution of Retrospective and Prospective Program and Service offerings. Manages the coder resource pool. Manages the coder work commitments, production commitments and inventory assignments.
Monday - Friday onsite position working either 8:00AM-5:00PM OR 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Manage and optimize the tactical execution of Retrospective and Prospective Program and Service offerings through proactive coder management
- Manage and optimize Productivity and throughput by compiling coder production statistics and comparing them against benchmarks
- Manage and optimize Inventory Management by holding coders accountable to complete the work assigned to them
- Manage the day-to-day activities of coders and assigned resources
- Optimize Revenue Capture Rate opportunity by coaching coders on the Coding Guideline applications
- Ensure Coding compliance and overcoding avoidance by coaching coders on the Coding Guideline applications
- Optimize workflows
- Identify gaps in processes
- Create and implement solutions
- Manages specific projects to completion
- Implement controls and workflows
- Ensure that the proper guardrails are in place
- Implement guardrails and practices to reduce overcoding
- Identify barriers to success; create and implement solutions
- Monitor and manage performance to financial and operational projections
- Performs capacity planning and resource leveling
- Compares productivity to capacity plan
- Identifies variances and implements proactive solutions to mitigate risk
- Provide inventory and productivity forecasting
- Incorporate feedback from operational, financial and QA reports to improve performance
- High School Diploma / GED and 2+ years work experience
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience overseeing a remote team
- Experience within an Operations and / or Production industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: supervisor, manager, optum, management, Brentwood, TN, Tennessee, Nashville