To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable - Construction
Richdale Apartments • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Be a part of the team that develops and manages the best Class A communities in the Midwest! Richdale Apartments and Gibraltar Construction, a family owned and operated company which has continued growth since 1918, is hiring for a Accounts Payable Specialist - Construction. As a leader in the national owner / developer industry of luxury multi-family communities and commercial properties, we strive to cultivate a fun, productive, and exciting work environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded. Teamwork is at the core of our culture, and we are always seeking talented individuals to join our winning team! If you are a team player and a top performer, this very well could be the place for you! Apply today!Responsibilities
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Designing and maintaining accounting systems and controls which meet policy standards as set by Management
- Managing monthly close and reconciliation process
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the year-end close process
- Having an excellent understanding of general ledger to maintain and manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Understanding of retainage percentage and lien waivers
- Managing vendor relationships
- Receives, reviews, and processes vendor invoices and employee expense reports for compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements
- Processing weekly check runs and taking advantage of all offered discounts
- Working with buyers and vendors to resolve all issues
- Working with purchase and work order processing
- Coding invoices to applicable charge codes
- Embracing and managing change
Must possess strong analytical, communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills. Candidates should have at least 3-6 years of accounting or finance experience and comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles. Must have the ability to work independently and the ability to work effectively with senior members of other departments. Finally, very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork is what is needed to truly succeed in this position.