To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Tax
Sitel Operating Corporation • Miami, FL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for the US domestic tax function, with primary focus on income tax accounting and reporting for US GAAP financials. Work closely with the Global Tax Officer in the income tax accounting area, including technical rules and various controls, processes, procedures, and continual improvements of all tax related activities. Manage US domestic tax planning, compliance and audit matters, including income, sales/use, and property tax.
- Partnering with the VP Global Tax on all tax matters, this position will play a key role in determining the structure and organization of the global tax function.
- Directly responsible for federal compliance processes for US federal and state compliance, as well as coordinate global tax compliance – Currently, outsourced with plan to bring in-house over time.
- Manage US state and federal tax audits and controversies
- Lead and be responsible for accounting for income taxes globally. Directly responsible for quarterly/annual financial reporting processes globally including identifying and documenting book/tax differences, completing rate reconciliations, and undertaking deferred tax analysis for US GAAP and IFRS.
- Coordinate and monitor IRS correspondence, notices, audits, etc., and respond as appropriate.
- Forge effective relationships with key business partners throughout the Company and serve as a key resource to resolve tax issues arising from business operations. Assess, develop and implement appropriate US and global tax planning initiatives and recommendations to strategically position the company for tax purposes, including opportunities to reduce its effective rate and cash tax obligations
- Analyze proposed and newly adopted tax legislation to ensure ongoing compliance with US Federal, State and non-US tax laws
- Act as a resource and be a problem solver for all tax matters as needed
- Be a resource and problem solver for various tax matters
- Build, manage and develop US and global professional tax staff
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required; Masters Degree in Tax preferred.
Minimum of eight (8) years in tax experience in a corporate, public accounting (BIG 4) and at least two (2) years experience leading a federal tax reporting process in a multinational organization. International tax compliance is a must. Exposure / proficiency with SAP / One Source would be helpful.
- Unquestionable integrity, objectivity and independence
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage through complex issues and relationships
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, self-directed and assertive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
CPA is preferred but not required