To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingston, NY 12401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Associate Claims Representative - Kingston, NY
UnitedHealth Group • Kingston, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Be part of our next training class and begin your new career. Apply today!
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We can offer you just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true when you join us as an Associate Claims Representative. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is relentlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Whether you have prior experience or not, we’ll provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all of our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career and do your life’s best work. (SM)
As an Associate Claims Representative, you’ll be responsible for handling incoming healthcare claims ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity by processing claims accurately, the first time. You’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work as you review, research, and process medical claims. It's a fast-paced challenge. It's a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. To put it mildly, there is never a dull moment.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 505 Boices Lane, Kingston, NY.
To learn even more about this position, click here to watch a short video about the job: http://uhg.hr/UHC-ClaimsRep
- Review, research, analyze and process complex healthcare claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and accurately capturing the data/information for processing (e.g. verify pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate tools, processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/ certificates tool)
- Complete data entry for all daily documentation and communicate the status of claims adhering to reporting requirements
- Communicate through correspondence with members and providers regarding claim payment or required information using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Learn and leverage new systems and training resources to help apply claims processes/procedures appropriately (e.g. on-line training classes, coaches/mentors)
- Meet and maintain the performance goals established for the position in the areas of quality, production and attendance
- An education level of at least a high school diploma, GED or equivalent working experience
- 1 year of work experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service) preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and leaning new computer programs.
- Ability to multi-task which includes understanding multiple insurance products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group of new hire training program and demonstrate proficiency through testing and practical application
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, healthcare claims, claims representative, claims rep, claims processing, claims processor; UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, office, clerical, customer service